- Be the first point of contact for new and existing customers by handling incoming calls and email enquiries, always ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Build and maintain positive business relationships, both internally and externally.
- Support field Sales Representatives and managers, as and when required.
- Produce and follow up sales quotations at regular intervals.
- Promote products, negotiate prices, and process orders.
- System management tasks on sales IT system.
- Previous experience in a sales office-based position would be beneficial.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems and applications, including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Have a proactive and positive can-do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, but equally capable of managing own time and workload.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Be a confident and effective communicator, both written and verbally.
- Knowledge of building/construction materials and aggregates would be beneficial but is not essential.
This role would be well suited to individuals who are motivated, confident in answering the phone and have great communication skills. An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic sales team.
Working hours: 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 0800 – 1730, including 1 hour unpaid for lunch.
Salary dependent on experience and aptitude.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: an employer pension contribution of 9%, recruitment referral bonus, ‘Death in Service’ benefit; 29 days paid annual leave, including Bank Holidays and Birthday Holiday. The Company also offers an Employee Assistance Program, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at 100’s of gyms.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.