Key Responsibilities and Objectives
- Receiving and coordinating customer orders and enquiries.
- Sourcing and managing contract hauliers.
- Planning incoming materials, outgoing orders and internal transfers.
- Planning, scheduling and allocating work to vehicles and their drivers.
- Utilising the Company’s fleet of HGVs and maximising the earnings of these vehicles.
- Carrying out the administration associated with the invoicing of orders, vehicle earnings and drivers’ wages.
- Adhering to, and promoting, good safety practices.
- Managing visitors, and all vehicles entering the depot, and inducting each driver.
- Practicing and promoting the core values of the Company.
- Carrying out any other reasonable task as requested by a Supervisor or Manager.
- Able to demonstrate good, relatively local, geographical knowledge.
- Excellent oral communication skills in English, especially over the telephone.
- Able to demonstrate sound literacy skills in English.
- Able to demonstrate sound numeracy skills.
- Proficient in the use of IT, including Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Preference will be given to people who are familiar with the laws associated with driving hours and the working time directive (WTD)
- Preference will be given to people who have experience of the aggregates and / or the construction industry.
Applicants must have their own transport and be prepared to travel to other locations for training and working as and when required.
Working hours: 46.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 0600 and 1800 plus 45 minutes unpaid for lunch, one in three Saturdays on rotation. Specific hours will be agreed locally.
Package is: annual salary plus the 9% employer pension contribution with Scottish Widows. You may be entitled to the discretionary Annual and Christmas bonuses. Annual leave of 29 days per year, including 8 Bank Holidays.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: Recruitment referral bonus, ‘Death in Service’ benefit. Company also offers an Employee Assistance Programme which is accessible 24/7 via the YuLife app, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at various gyms with GymFlex.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.