Key responsibilities include:
- The completion of daily vehicle checks and correct defect reporting, to ensure always to remain legal and compliant
- Good understanding and knowledge of Tachograph rules and regulations
- Ensuring safe and timely deliveries to our customers
- Bagged aggregates deliveries
- Be a good ambassador for the Company both on the road and on site
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a Category C + E licence. They should also be reliable, able to prioritise their workload and have a methodical approach.
MPQC card is preferable, but not essential.
Tipping experience is preferable, but not essential. Full training will be provided.
Working hours: 10 hours per day Monday to Friday between the hours of 0600 and 1800.
Salary dependent on experience.
Benefits after a successful probationary period will include: an employer pension contribution of 9%, retention bonus, recruitment referral bonus, ‘Death in Service’ benefit; 20 days paid annual leave, which are in addition to the Bank Holidays. Plus, you get your Birthday off, paid! The Company also offers an Employee Assistance Program, a ‘Bike to work’ scheme and special membership rates at 100’s of gyms.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.