Key Accountabilities and Objectives
- Implementation of the Company Health and Safety Policy with regard to the department, adhering to Health and Safety regulations at all times. Duties include but are not exhaustive, carrying out safety checks and audits and assisting in any company Health and Safety assessments which will need to be carried out either daily, weekly or monthly. Health and Safety training of personnel, as required.
- Adherence to company Environmental and Quality Policies.
- Support the business objectives by improving productivity, and quality through an increase in efficiency, output and profit by reducing production costs.
- Review and improve the performance of direct reportable personnel.
- To take ownership of procedures and work instructions within the department ensuring adherence by yourself and reportable personnel.
- Conduct any other reasonable request associated with this job function or the smooth running of the department.
- To ensure the plant and equipment is subject to planned maintenance to maintain its safe working condition in order to optimise plant availability.
- To motivate and lead all depot staff by example and encourage especially during difficult production schedules.
- Liaison with all departments to provide help and advice in satisfying internal and external customers.
- To control any contractors while on site.
- To ensure there is adequate man power through appropriate training, organising staff deployment and rotas.
- To ensure adequate stocks of all materials, critical spares, fuels and oils by means of accurate stock taking.
- To plan and organise current and future workloads in an ever changing environment and to communicate this with people at different levels.
- A working knowledge of fixed and mobile plant, machinery and tools used in the production process.
- An understanding of the company IT systems in place to assist day to day management.
- Knowledge of health & safety and the appreciation of the legal and company responsibility of H & S and the environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good man management skills.
- WAMITAB/EPOC/IOSH qualifications and previous Loading Shovel or 360 Excavator experience is preferable, but not essential.
Working times/hours: 49.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 0700-1700 and 0700-1200 on Saturdays, plus 5.5 hours unpaid for breaks.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Day Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.